Grow in Community
“Go and make disciples of all nations…” Jesus’ words to his followers still ring true today. Disciples are not born, they are made. At FPC, it is our desire that you would grow in being a disciple of Jesus Christ. A disciple is someone who seeks to be a perpetual student of Jesus Christ; where they place their full confidence and trust in him for everything they are and everything they do. We invite you into this journey of faith, as we all seek to become disciples of Jesus.
Thankfully, this invitation into discipleship is not burdensome. Jesus said, “Come to me, all who are weary and heavy burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and gentle and humble at heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30. The life of discipleship is one that is yoked with Jesus.
The discipleship ministries of FPC are geared to help you grow in your faith journey and connect with other Christians. What should disciples do? Think about the following:
- Disciples should be active in personal bible study and prayer.
- Disciples should be active in corporate worship and community.
- Disciples should actively serve others in their sphere of influence and beyond.
Authentic community in a large church is not always easy to come by yet it is essential to our spiritual growth. We have a variety of discipleship experiences that will help you connect with others and by doing so, grow in loving God and loving others.
- Sunday School: these groups meet on Sunday morning, most during the 9:30am Sunday school hour.
- Small Groups: these groups typically meet in a person's home. Usually 6-12 people are in a small group..
If you have any questions or would like to chat about what it means to be a disciple, please contact Pastor Jon Crantz, 713.620.6582 or . For more information on discipleship opportunities, contact the office of Adult Discipleship, or 713.620.6592.